THESE PROGRAMS ARE BY AUDITION OR
“NOBA exposes youth to some of the industry’s most notable
teachers, choreographers, directors and dancers. It is unparalleled in its reach, and sets a
standard for excellence through diversity on all levels.”
-Dwight Rhoden, Artistic Director,
Complexions Contemporary Ballet
2019 SUMMER INTENSIVE PROGRAMS
Auditions on January 18, 2019
5:15 Registration; 5:45-6:45pm Audition (Ages 8-11)
6:30 Registration; 7:00-8:30pm Audition (Ages 12-18)
The Chevron Studio, Lyons Rec Center 624 Louisiana Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115
The tuition-free Summer Intensive Programs in June and July 2019 give motivated students ages 8-18 the opportunities to
study with an exceptional faculty of visiting and local artists. Through the Pan-American Life Master Artist Series,
NOBA will partner with premiere Latino dance organization Ballet Hispánico to offer a Celebration of Cuban Dance July
15 – August 2, 2019 which will include classes and choreography in Cuban ballet technique, Afro-Cuban and Salsa,
culminating in an exciting concert. Multiple intensive sessions are also offered in June and July, with past guest
artists representing top dance companies such as Dance Theatre of Harlem, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, The
Joffrey Ballet and many more.
Audition Requirements and Information for 2019 SUMMER PROGRAMS:
- Auditioning students MUST be accompanied during registration by a parent or legal guardian. All registration
documents MUST be signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to the audition. No late arrivals will be considered.
- There are no audition or tuition fees. Supply fees vary per program. Financial need-based scholarships are
available for accepted students via an application process – financial documentation will be required for
- Students must be at least 8 years old as of June 1, 2019.
- Students must be no older than 18 as of May 31, 2019 AND a high school student graduating no earlier than spring
- Students must have a minimum of two years of ballet training.
- Females - black leotard, flesh-toned or pink tights (convertible to bare feet for modern), and flesh-toned or pink
ballet shoes, with hair pulled back in a neat bun. No jewelry or warm ups.
- Males - black athletic pants and athletic undergarments, white t-shirt, and black ballet shoes.
- Students must have completed registration by the audition start time – no late arrivals will be considered.
- The audition will consist of a ballet barre and center work in ballet and modern technique, and pointe work for
females age 11 and over who are interested in taking supplementary pointe classes as part of NOBA’s Summer
- Students are placed in the appropriate summer program and classes based on age, audition performance, and
current technical ability.
- In person auditions are given preference – video auditions are accepted on a case by case basis only. Please
contact Millette White at email@example.com with inquiries.