ADVENTURES IN DANCE CAMP
June 6 – 29, 2022*
Lyons Center, 624 Louisiana Ave.
Campers must attend ALL days listed below.
June 6 – 10 (M-F), 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
June 13 – 17 (M-F), 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
June 21 – 24 (Tu-F), 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
June 27 – 29 (M-W), 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*No camp Monday, June 20, in observance of the Juneteenth holiday. Culminating camp concert on Wednesday, June 29, at 2 p.m.
Adventures in Dance Camp
NOBA’s tuition-free* Adventures in Dance Camp is a high energy day camp where youth ages 7-12 have a blast exploring dance!
*$100 registration fee per camper (non-refundable)
THIS CAMP FEATURES:
- Hip Hop
- Brazilian Dance
- African Dance
- Caribbean Dance
- Creative Movement
- Body Conditioning
- Nutrition & Health Workshops
- Art Projects
- Reading & Journaling
- Field Trips
Plus master classes with guest artists John Heginbotham and Ephrat Asherie!
All campers will be featured in a fully-costumed performance!
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH INCLUDED!
HOW TO APPLY:
Have questions or need assistance with applying for the Adventures in Dance Camp? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 504.522.0996 x 207.
1) Complete the NORD Summer Camp Application Form.
2) Prepare all required documentation items as listed on application form and below.
3) Schedule a registration appointment with the NORD office here, and bring the completed application form and all required documentation items.
ALL (6) requirements must be met to register for Summer Camp.
1. Proof of Income – must have 2022 year on documentation This requirement can be satisfied by submitting the following:
- SSI Award Letter with monthly amount
- Food Stamp or Social Security Award Letter with amount
- Photocopy of 4 consecutive pay stubs for ALL adult members of the household.
- If unemployed, must provide a letter from Louisiana Workforce Commission regarding unemployment status.
- If you are a stay-at-home parent/guardian and receive no income, you must provide a notarized letter stating current income, even if zero.
- If self-employed, must provide a notarized document stating current gross monthly income.
- If there are 2 parents/guardians, provide proof of income (or proof of no income) for both parents/guardians.
2. Proof of Residency in Orleans Parish – must have 2022 year on documentation This requirement can be satisfied by submitting one (1) of the following:
- Photocopy of a utility bill, phone bill, current home insurance statement, or pay stub documentation with the parent/guardian current Orleans Parish address. The address on the document provided must have the same address provided on the registrant’s application.
3. Identification Verification – This requirement must be satisfied by submitting the following:
- Photocopy of a valid State-issued Identification Card or Driver’s License for parents and/or guardians.
- If there are 2 parents/guardians, provide such documentation for both parents/guardians.
4. Report Card -This requirement can be satisfied by submitting the following:
- Photocopy of child’s report card from current school year (2021-2022)
- If the child is not of age to attend school or is homeschooled, an up to date copy of the child’s Immunization record must be provided.
5. Child’s Birth Certificate
6. Proof of COVID vaccination for ages 5 and above per City of New Orleans guidelines. More info.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MUST BE INCLUDED WITH APPLICATION AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION IN ORDER TO ENROLL CHILD(REN) INTO SUMMER CAMP.
*IF REGISTERING MORE THAN ONE CHILD FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD, COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS FOR EACH CHILD BEING REGISTERED MUST BE PROVIDED. WE WILL NOT MAKE COPIES ON SITE; ALL COPIES MUST BE BROUGHT IN. BRING ORIGINALS SO COPIES CAN BE VERIFIED.
Have questions or need assistance with applying for the Adventures in Dance Camp?
E-mail email@example.com, or call 504.522.0996 x 207.
“Through NOBA’s programs, the bridge between the artists in the ﬁeld of today and the future is changing lives!”-Michelle Manzanales, Ballet Hispánico School of Dance Director